Sunday, July 7, 2013

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is in the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." (Jeremiah 17:7-8)

It's been too long since I've updated everyone on how Gracie and our family are doing.  Normally I have so much I want to say, and the challenge is finding the time to sit down and type it all out.  Lately, I've been avoiding it.  Mostly because we have just been going thru so much, and this is a place where I am raw and honest.  I do it in hopes that someone going thru a journey similar to ours can find strength in both the good times, and the bad...because its a form of therapy, and because I've learned that this is an opportunity to show people who may not have a relationship with God, how He is the most important part of our lives, and our journey.  But, sometimes its hard to be so honest, because I have to feel everything I type out...and that is what I have been trying to avoid.

First, I want to say that Gracie is doing GREAT!!!!  We were back in Baltimore in June to have her fixator removed, (we are hoping that was her last surgery for a while).  She did great, and was literally walking out of the hospital on her cast.  LOL...in fact, she has worn a hole in the bottom of it.   We head back to Baltimore, again this month to have the cast removed.  At that point, we are looking at therapy, but are done with the procedures for this first round of treatment.  Gracie will have a 6 month follow up, and that is when we will find out if she will have her first lengthening at age 3-5, or 7-9.  I'm not really sure that I'm looking forward to that news, because I don't even want to think about it yet....but since I'm a planner, you know I will want to have a heads up!

Since my last post, the "hurricane" I felt like I was in, got stronger.  I was kind of hoping it would settle and we'd get some normalcy back, but God had different plans. Right now, I no longer feel like I'm in the eye of the hurricane, at peace....I feel like I'm being tossed around, losing everything, just waiting for the final drop.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still finding many blessings in this part of our storm too, its just a bit rougher of a ride.  My husband was offered and as a family we accepted, a job in Caldwell, Idaho as the head boys varsity basketball coach and US History teacher.  When we talked about him applying for a job in Boise Idaho area, I thought it would never happen.  After all, its hard enough to get a job in your own state right now, let alone be chosen over local applicants.  God, had a different plan, and we move in August.  I am so excited for my husband.  Being a head coach has been his dream since he was 4 years old.  I know he will be amazing, and I just couldn't be more proud.  I also know, we will love Boise.  At the same time, my heart is breaking.  I've lived in Arizona my entire life, and my whole family is there.  My mother is about 4 miles from us, and we are so close.  Leaving our church hurts just as much as leaving my mom.  Most of the time I am ok with it because I know this is what God has laid out for us, and I truly believe with all my heart that there will be blessings on the other side of being obedient, even when it hurts...but, the closer it gets to moving, the harder the thought becomes.  On a more positive note...my dad has undergone a couple surgeries on his eye, and with all glory going to God, has not completely lost his sight.  He does not have full vision restored yet, but we are believing in God for it to come.  He is continuing to recover well, and really just amazes me.  You look at him, and there's no way you would think he was shot in the face 2 months ago. 

With everything that has happened this year, I'm really just trying to stay focused on God.  It has gotten harder to do over the last couple weeks, and since Him and I have a "real" relationship, He has gotten some attitude from me.  LOL.  Even though I'm mad that we can't get into a house right away, I see the blessing He gave us in an apartment right across from Landry's new school.  And even though I am already missing the home I love, I see the blessing in having our house sell in a week so that we were not having to carry two payments.  Even though I'm sick and tired of getting on a plane, leaving my son and going to Baltimore...we are at the end of phase 1 and I'm grateful.  Even though I'm scared to see what my baby girls leg will look like when there's nothing attached to it, but its small and scarred...I'm blessed its still her leg, and that we can finally put shoes on both feet!

I'm still looking for the blessings in our storms...but I'm tired.  I feel like the part of this scripture, where I am in a drought.  Not with God, but with life.  I hope that I have dove deep enough with God that even when the heat comes, I am able to remain green and still bear fruit.  Please be praying for our family as we make another trip to Baltimore for the removal of Gracie's cast and x-rays to see all the work that was done on her leg and ankle.  We would also appreciate prayers for a smooth transition to Boise, Idaho.  For the perfect home to reveal itself to us, and that I wouldn't feel like I was losing out by not having the home we have now.  For an abundance of provision to pour out over us.  We are hurting financially on top of everything else, and I trust God for His provision, but its hard.  We don't know what His plans are, our where it will come from...but we do believe we are on the path He has laid out for us, and we are giving it all to Him.  If there is ever anything I can be praying with you for...please leave prayer requests in the comment section.  I read every comment and my family and I would love to return the blessing of calling out to God in agreement for His will in your life as well. 

"But slowly, I'm learning God can bring good out of feeling exposed and afraid.  That vulnerable place reminds us we have needs beyond what we can manage by ourselves.  It reminds us we need God.  Desperately.  Completely."  "Our faith doesn't just need to grow big, it needs to grow deep.  Yes, we need deep faith roots."  "Deep roots anchor us when surprises blow like strong, unruly winds.  Deep roots hold us steady during the storm that didn't show up on the radar.  Deep roots find nourishment when the surface gets awfully dry.  Deep roots yield rich fruit."  "So, I'm learning to not be so afraid of what might be around the next corner.  Even if it does catch me off guard.  I close my eyes and whisper...deeper still."  (Lysa TerKeurst, Proverbs 31 Ministries).

Gracie, ready to head to Baltimore and get this thing off her!

5 minutes after coming out of anesthesia, smiling and saying cheese with the worlds best pediatric orthopedist, Dr. Standard.  She adores him!

One day later, walking on her cast, and hugging her "Maggie Bear," who also came out of her surgery with a matching cast.


Enjoying some time with Grandma (Great-Grandma) Maggie on the 4th.

We've been thru a lot together this year, but I wouldn't want to do life with anyone else.  I LOVE this man!

And the kids adore him too! :-)



2 comments:

  1. You inspire me with the words that the Lord gives you, Heather. We will not forget to pray for all three of you as you make this move and for Gracie's future medical plans.
    You could pray for me to be healthy and that my liver will regenerate from the fatty liver to one that cleans the toxins from my system properly as God created it to do. Enzymes are continuing to elevate and the doctor is very concerned. I'll see him next month again. Hoping for a better report. Love you,
    Mary and Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear, you have such a gift with your words. They paint your life story in such brilliance that it leaves me wanting more...what happens next, what will they do? I love you and although I will miss you more than I could even imagine, I will pray for you to be richly blessed in this new journey of your life. Better get used to flying, because one of us is going to be flying to meet up with the other ALOT!!! :)
    I will be praying for you as well Mary!!

    Love you Heath...Your mama

    ReplyDelete